Registrato: 26/10/16 11:38
|My family and I just joined a summer bowling league. We're not good bowlers , have never really done much bowling at all actually, but we were looking for something we could do with our teenage children that would be fun for all of us, would create more "family time", and would be affordable. On the suggestion of a few friends , bowling was the answer to our "affordable family fun" that we had been searching for.
In preparation for this family adventure I've discovered a few small things.
1. If you have more than one child, bowling is not the "affordable family fun time" many think it is. Last night was our second time out and after buying dinner at a local restaurant and then bowling ( 3 games each for 6 people ) we spent well over $150.00 !!
2. Rental shoes and balls are just downright GROSS ! We tried using the rentals the first night bowling and soon discovered it was not for us. Sooooo, we ventured out the following day to procure our own equipment for this new undertaking. 6 pair of bowling shoes, 6 bowling balls , and 6 bowling bags later, we were looking at macaroni and cheese for dinner for the next month, this new adventure cost us approximately $600.00 to outfit the entire family.
3. Having your own personal shoes and ball will not instantly make you a good bowler. I know this for a fact, I still have trouble scoring over 100 points per game. I'm hoping this will improve in time however.
4. Having health insurance is a good idea if you have children that are clumsy , one sprained ankle later, we're now hoping the teenager recovers in time to start the league bowling in 3 weeks.
5. Teenagers will eagerly partake in this family venture as long as you promise to supply them with a constant stream of soda, soft pretzels, pizza slices , and jukebox money while bowling. ( Add on an additional $15.00 per kid, per bowling night, in food and drink expense in addition to the weekly $13.00 league fees )
6. Keep a good supply of ibuprofen in your bowling bag or pocket book. Organizing an entire family to get to the bowling alley on time is definitely enough to give even the most resilient person a headache of astronomical proportions. Even if you survive the organizing and do manage to get everyone out the door on time, you will want the ibuprofen for joint aches , muscle aches, and other such problems caused from swinging a 10 to 15 pound ball around all evening long.
7. Your teenagers will laugh and point at you when you slip and fall, sending your bowling ball sailing 5 lanes over to the left. They will laugh even harder if you injure yourself in that fall.
8. The most important thing I've discovered during this adventure is that time with my family is priceless. No matter the expenses, no matter the headaches and muscle aches , the enjoyment of doing something as a family in this day and age of "everyone goes their own way and does their own thing" is fantastic. I would happily do it all again this winter for a winter league...maybe.
Author's Resource Box
Lou Drake has been writing articles as a hobby for years on the internet and also owns or manages numerous websites, including a PPC affiliate program, debate forum, blog creation service , and a Backlink Building site. You can contact her through any of the sites listed here.
Donít want to spend a fortune on ordering one of those fancy iced cakes to match the theme of your party? Do not fear; you can now make a cake at home, add some frosting and then place one of the many varieties in edible cake images that are available today. Cupcake decorations can turn your ordinary cupcakes into fun cakes that your child and all your guests will just love.
Any plain frosted cake can be made to look wonderful by using some of the edible cake images that you can buy. And you can choose some which fit into your party theme whether it is Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid or Mickey Mouse. All you have to do is place the cupcake decorations onto your cupcakes and you will have some of the most beautiful cupcakes that your little guests and big are not going to forget in a hurry.
The edible cake images are flat and are available in a lot of bright colors. They get soft and blend neatly into the frosting on your cake. Today with the Internet technology that we have, we can now purchase our cupcake decorations online at any time of the day or night no matter if it is a Sunday or any other holiday. And some more good news is that you can get your childrens party supplies at a much lower rate at an online store than at your local store as the online stores save money on shop space as well as sales people to serve you.
Other savings are time and gas as you no longer have to drive down from one place to another looking for the perfect edible cake images or cupcake decorations; you just place your order and wait for it to be delivered to your doorstep. You can even get 1st birthday party supplies to match just about any birthday theme that you might choose.
If you donít have the time to bake and frost a cake yourself , you can go to your favorite bakery and choose a frosted cake for your childís 1st birthday party. As soon as you receive your edible cake images just keep stored in their air tight bad in a dry place until you are ready to place them on your cake. Or you might prefer to have cupcakes instead of a big birthday cake; this will eliminate the need for you to arrange for plates and cutlery and slice the cake as and when the crowd comes into the food queue. Cupcake decorations too come in a wi.